Welcome to the Lunatic Siminary
Do you like chill games like The Sims, Stardew Valley and Ooblets? Do you enjoy watching an artwork come together before your very eyes? Do you dig being read aloud to and doing crafts together? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, do I have a stream channel for you!
Siminary Studios is me sharing my love of gaming, art, books and crafts with y’all. There is nothing I enjoy more.
What is a Siminary? The term “Siminary” is a play on words. In the area that I live in, there is a lutheran seminary that has been in continual operation since the late 1700s. It’s a big part of the culture of this little town that I call home.
Lutheran Seminary = Lunatic Siminary (We’re not religious, just word play not a literal translation)
Why is a community member called a lunatic? This is a name my community chose for themselves, much to my chagrin. While my streams are usually mellow, we do enjoy getting a little crazy and lean into our weirdness. We’re proud of it. I’ve learned to love the term lunatic as I’ve learned to love each and every one of them.
All beings that reside within the Lunatic Siminary are part of a community. As such, we have community values that we live by so that we can better care for each other.
- It takes streamers of all sizes and kinds to make streaming as wonderful and varied as it is. It is up to all of us to life each other up and help the little guy as we grow. I’ll open chat for self-promo, so keep checking in so you don’t miss your chance.
- Lurkers are people too! We value our lurking friends. They may be quiet, but they are still important to the success of a streamer. We don’t call them out or make them feel bad for lurking. We are honored that they chose our stream to lurk in. They have their reasons and we respect that.
- Hateful speech is not tolerated. We do not allow racism, homophobia, ableism, sexism, or other was to cause hurt or harm to others in the words we say and the actions we do.
- We know that we need to take care of ourselves to be the best streamers we can be. We don’t apologize for needing to care for our physical or mental health. We also don’t feel bad for needing to take time off to care for our families, and other responsibilities. You can only give to others when you have cared for yourself first, otherwise, what will you have to give?
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We love, laugh, and create with passion, compassion, and joy.