Last Update: 2022-03-21T11:55:00
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Glimesh (“Glimesh, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) community. We take the protection of your (“You”, “Your”) private information and right to privacy seriously and have created this Policy to the best of our ability for the current stage of development. This Policy is subject to change, and you will be notified about these changes via email or website notification when they occur.
If You have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or want to know more about Our practices in regards to Your Personal Information, please reach out to email@example.com.
For compliance with data protection laws, Glimesh is located at:
PO Box 285
Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
When You visit Our website https://glimesh.tv/ and all subdomains (“Sites”), mobile application (“Apps”), or other services (“Services” which include the website and mobile application), We understand You are providing Us with Your Personal Information. We take Your privacy seriously and if there are any terms within this Policy that You do not agree with, please discontinue use of Our Services immediately.
We extend the full rights set out in this Policy, including rights set out under the Californian (CCPA), European Economic Area (EEA) /United Kingdom (UK) /Brazilian privacy laws to You regardless of location regarding Your Personal Information.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help You understand why We collect the information We do, as well as what We do with that information.
Table of Contents
Types of Personal Information Glimesh collects and their uses
- Information provided by You
- Information automatically collected
- Information from other sources
When Personal Information may be disclosed by Glimesh
- Third party vendors
- How is my Personal Information stored and transferred?
- How long will Glimesh keep my Personal Information for?
- Why should I trust Glimesh with my Personal Information?
- Privacy of children
- California, EEA, UK and Brazil
- How We handle breaches of data protection
Requesting reviews, updates or deletion of data collected from You
- Account information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Opting out of email marketing
- Do-Not-Track features
1. Types of Personal Information Glimesh Collects and Their Uses
We ask for the bare minimum of information necessary and only share it with services which are absolutely vital for Our site, app and services to function.
1. Information provided by You
|Type of Information Collected||Examples of Information||Examples of Use|
|Account registration||Username, password, email address and date of account creation||Collected in order to create Your account on the site; without this, We could not create a verifiable account.|
|Site and Services usage||Information You provide on Your profile, live streamed video, pictures, audio, uploaded prerecorded video, chat messages, direct messages||Collected in order to retransmit this for others to see and interact with on the platform.|
|Chat & interactive features||Streams You are watching, chat messages, direct messages, site browsing||Any data under this would be considered “public”. Glimesh has little to no control over how other individuals of Our Services may use this information.|
|Communications or responses to Glimesh||Username, email, legal name or mailing address||Required in order to make contact with Us and for account verification to handle some queries.|
|Media content||Anything which may be broadcast while livestreaming such as computer, Your self, any other video and audio.||This data is recorded and retransmitted to users of Our Services and may also be stored for future use.|
2. Information automatically collected
|Type of Information Collected||Examples of Information||Examples of Use|
|Device information||Name of device, operating system and Your browser.||Used to collect information about which browsers users use to access Our Services.|
|Log data||Information about Your browser, type, settings, data and time of Your request, Your browser and Your interactions with Our Services.||Used to collect information about which browsers users use to access the Services, as well as hours of use and interactions on Our services.|
|Services usage||Type of content You view or interact with, the features You utilize, actions You take, time and frequency of Your activities.||Used to monitor the number of users who visit Our Service, hours of use, page viewership, chatting, following etc.|
|Video identifiers||Type of content being distributed via Our Services.||Allows for tracking and branding of the content We distribute via Our Services.|
|Crash data||Operating system, browser, browser version, page URL, actions leading up to the crash.||Debugging errors on the site and app, and providing enough information to reproduce and fix them.|
3. Information from other sources
|Type of Information Collected||Examples of Information||Examples of Use|
|Social logins, or other 3rd party information||When linking Twitter, YouTube, Guilded, Instagram, etc to Your profile. Any future social logins We may offer.||Supplemental information which allows Us to gather pre-registration information and can be used to provide improved Services for You.|
|Web beacon: Wikipedia web beacon article||Electronic images that are utilized by Our Sites, Our Services, and by Our emails.||Deliver cookies, count page visits, check engagement of emails, understand campaign use and effectiveness.|
In addition to specific instances mentioned above, Personal Information may also be used:
- To operate and improve Our Sites and Services;
- To respond to Your comments, questions, resolve Terms of Service issues and provide customer service;
- To process transactions, send You related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- To develop new programs and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuse of Our Services, and to ensure the security of Our IT systems, architecture, and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations, legal processes, and to protect Our rights, privacy, safety, or property and that of You, Our affiliates, or other third parties.
2. When may Personal Information be disclosed by Glimesh
1. Third party vendors
We cannot be responsible for what third party vendors We use may do with Your data. However, We offer complete transparency in which third party vendors We use and offer direct links to their privacy policies.
|DigitalOcean||Hosting provider for user data||https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/privacy-Policy/|
|CloudFlare||Web performance and security||https://www.cloudflare.com/privacyPolicy/|
|hCaptcha||Anti-robotic service for preventing spam||https://www.hcaptcha.com/privacy|
|Plausible.io||Privacy focused analytics provider||https://plausible.io/privacy|
|Gravatar||Default avatar image generator||https://automattic.com/privacy/|
|mailgun||Email sending service||https://www.mailgun.com/privacy-Policy/|
|AppSignal||Error reporting & collection||https://www.appsignal.com/privacy-Policy|
|Tax ID Pro||Tax form collection for some users||https://taxid.pro/docs/privacy-Policy|
|Sentry||Crash data collection||https://sentry.io/privacy/|
We may also share Your Personal Information under specific conditions as outlined below:
- To comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- To protect the rights and property of Glimesh, Our agents, users and others, including the enforcement of Our terms, policies and guidelines; or in an emergency to protect the personal safety of Our users or any other person
- In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company;
- Any information You give Us to share on Your behalf will be provided to other users of the Services;
- With Your consent or direction to do so
3. How is my Personal Information stored and transferred?
We may transfer, store, and process Your information in countries other than Your own.
By using Our Services, You acknowledge and understand that Your Personal Information will be transmitted and stored in Our facilities in the United States. Your Personal Information may also be transferred to, stored, and processed by third parties with whom We share Your Personal Information (see When may Personal Information be Disclosed by Glimesh).
If You are located in the EEA, UK, or Brazil, these countries may not have the same data protection laws as those in Your country. We ensure to use appropriate safeguards for the transfer of Your information outside the EEA, UK and Brazil to ensure Your Personal Information remains protected to comply with data protection laws.
4. How long will Glimesh keep my Personal Information?
No longer than is necessary for the function it is required, unless We are required to keep it longer by law.
When We no longer have reason to process Your Personal Information, We will anonymize or delete this information, or, where this is not possible (due to archived backups), We will store Your information in a way which keeps it secure and isolated from further processing until it can be deleted.
5. Why should I trust Glimesh with my Personal Information?
Due to Our open source code, anyone is able to review Our code at any time to ensure We are as secure as We lay claim to be. Glimesh takes measures to help protect Your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We are committed to keeping Your information safe and secure to the best of Our ability. All Our code can be viewed on Our GitHub, meaning anyone can review this code and make sure We are upholding all the security measures We lay claim to, and meaning You can get an expert to verify all Our claims.
6. Privacy of children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
Glimesh is not directed to children who are under the age of 13, therefore Glimesh does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If You believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Glimesh through Our Services, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Children under the age of 13 must have parental consent in order to use the site and Services of Glimesh. Parents can email a written consent form to email@example.com
7. Privacy Rights
In some areas such as the EEA, UK and Brazil, You have greater access and control regarding Your Personal Information. We extend these rights to everyone on the platform regardless of location.
1. California, EEA, UK and Brazil
In regions such as California, the EEA, UK and Brazil, You have the right under data protection laws to the following:
- Request and obtain a copy of Your Personal Information that We may hold
- Restrict the processing of Your Personal Information (for example any direct marketing based on profiting)
- Request that any data which may be out of date or incorrect be updated
- Request deletion of personal data which may be held by Us
- Revoke Your consent for previously provided Personal Information at any time
- Restrict the way in which We disclose and process personal data We may hold
There are also specific circumstances under which You may have the right to object to the processing of Your Personal Information. In this instance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If for any reason You believe We are unlawfully processing Your Personal Information You have the right to file a complaint to Your local data protection authority. You may find their contact details here:
- For California: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
- For the EEA: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080
- For the UK: https://ico.org.uk/
- For Brazil: https://www.gov.br/anpd/pt-br
8. How We handle Breaches of Data Protection
Glimesh will act on all data breaches accordingly once they are made aware a data breach has taken place. We extend the rights to User notification of a data breach to everyone on the platform regardless of location.
Upon becoming aware of a data breach Glimesh will:
- Inform the relevant governing bodies / data protection authorities within a timescale deemed suitable by those bodies
- Where the risk to an individual’s personal data is deemed high Glimesh will also inform data subjects without undue delay
- Publish a public security disclosure on our blog which can be accessed here: https://blog.glimesh.tv/
a. Specific to breaches affecting UK and EU data subjects:
- Glimesh will inform the ICO of the breach without undue delay and, where risk is deemed high to rights and freedoms of data subjects, this will be made within 72 hours
- Reports to the ICO will include numbers of individuals and records concerned, name of the Glimesh Data Protection Officer, consequences of the breach and any measures taken to mitigate harm
b. Specific to breaches affecting Brazilian data subjects:
- Glimesh will report incidents within a 2 working days of receiving knowledge of the incident
- Glimesh will undertake an internal investigation to assess the nature of incident, category and number of data subjects affected
Where risk is deemed high The National Authority will also be informed via a notice which will include
- A description of the nature of the affected personal data
- Information regarding the data subjects involved
- Information regarding security measures which were used
- Reasons of any delays in communicating this information (if necessary)
- Measures that have since been put in place or what will be put in place in the future
- If necessary Glimesh will work alongside the ANPD at their request to further safeguard the data subject’s rights and adopt stricter measures in handling the incident
9. Requesting reviews, updates or deletion of data collected from You
1. Account Information
You may review or change Your Personal Information We hold on You, as well as terminate Your account through the following process:
- Contact Us via email@example.com using Your registered Glimesh account email, including Your username and confirming Your registered email.
- Log in to Your account settings to update information and change Your consent (for example, email notifications and social media links)
We will act on any request to delete Your account. However, We may retain some information where necessary in order to prevent fraud, aid in tax collection, assist with investigations, or comply with applicable legal requirements.
2. Cookies and similar technologies
3. Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from Our email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in emails We send or via Your notifications panel in Your account settings. We may still communicate with You to send Service-related emails necessary for administration purposes and account use or to respond to requests made by You.
10. Do-Not-Track features
We will update this Policy as needed to stay compliant with all relevant laws.
Glimesh may change this Policy from time to time. If We make any changes to the Policy, We will update this webpage. Any changes in the Policy will be communicated through the Site or through email.
If You have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, You may contact Our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.